Computer Basics - Lesson Three: Notepad 2016
- Click the Notepad tile to open the program.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <title></title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="filename.css"> </head> <body> </body> </html>
- To save the file click File, Save As, then find your folder, open your folder, and save the file as: firstwebsite.html.
- To edit the firstwebsite.html file that you saved in your folder, doubleclick the notepad icon, then: File, Open, (in the lower right hand corner of the window click the down arrow) and select All Files, then double click your file.
- When your file is open, copy the code below and replace the contents of your file with it:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <title>My First Website</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="filename.css"> </head> <body> <h1>My First Website</h1> <p>Welcome to my site.</p> </body> </html>
- Click file, save to save the updated information. It is very important that you do not use the save as option after you have already created an html file. If you use the save as option on an existing html file, the Windows operating system will put an additional extension on the file and it will no longer work. To the operating system the file will look like this: firstwebsite.html.html
- Doubleclick the File Explorer icon to find your file and then double click the file to see your first Website. Your Website should look like this: Sample